Check out our new website, http://whatartdoes.eu/ for details on the project!
Call out for art works to be exhibited in Langenhagen.
This is a request for art works to be submitted for the first exhibition of Southwark’s artists in the German town of Langenhagen.
Langenhagen is 700 years old in 2012, and we’d like to help them celebrate the anniversary by exhibiting great art from Southwark. Southwark and Langenhagen have been twinned for around 30 years, and this year will be the first exhibition to connect that art & culture across the two places.
Submission Deadline: Tuesday 7th February 2012
Exhibition Dates: 28th February to May 2012
We are looking for work that is exemplary of Southwark’s creativity.
- Work does not need to be about Southwark or its communities.
- Art work should be ready to hang with D-hooks, or free standing.
- The exhibition space is limited, work over 1.5m x 1.5m will not be suitable.
- The exhibition is open to entries from all members of Southwark Arts Forum, membership to SAF is open to all & £20/year or free to people eligible to concessions. You can become a member here: www.southwarkartsforum.org/signup
We also invite you to a littoral art work that Southwark Arts Forum is involved in: What Art Does?/Was Macht Kunst?
Artists selected are expected to engage with the associated research project online:
http://whatartdoes.eu/What Art Does/Was Macht Kunst? will each week examine the affect or otherwise of art on society, and society on art, through a series of questions posed online and posted in the Langenhagen Library over the course of the exhibition.
A publication will be made after the show, with documentation photographs of the exhibition, comments and excerpts from the WhatArtDoes website.
- Bring artwork to Southwark Arts Forum, K101.6, The Biscuit Factory, 100 Clements Road SE16 4DG by 7th February 2012 11am – 4pm.
Southwark is a state of mind, as well as a place. We look forward to hearing from you.